Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Like My Sugar With Coffee & Cream: The Top 10 Songs About Coffee

I'm trying new things.  I just tried David Lynch coffee.  It was okay.  Also I'm gonna experiment this time by giving you guys something to read, even if it ruins the tongue-in-cheek nature of this blog.  If you like it, send me an e-mail at ariel@listsaboutsongsaboutcoffee.net.  If you hate it, continue ignoring me.

1.  "One More Cup of Coffee (Live)" - Bob Dylan
Trying new things here.  I know my bit is reserving the 10th spot for Dylan, but any performance on Bootleg #5 is pretty much guaranteed a top spot.

2.  "Cigarettes & Coffee" - Otis Redding
Just heard this song now and it blew my goddamn mind.

3.  "Bring Me Coffee or Tea" - Can
Awesome song that really channels that intense psychedelic high you get when you drink coffee or tea.

4.  "Coffee & TV" - Blur
This is a good song, especially if you watched Cruel Intentions a few too many times as a horny teenager.

5.  "Cup of Coffee" - Johnny Cash
Awesome song that really channels that intense high you get when you drink coffee with a friend.

6.  "Coffee House Blues" - Lightnin' Hopkins
Mama just wants some coffee, but if she would just shut her mouth, he'd buy her a whole coffee house!

7.  "Java Jive" - The Ink Spots
Can't believe I almost forgot the Java Jive, the Ink Spots' laziest song.

8.  "You're So Vain" - Carly Simon
I don't think this song is about coffee, but she talks about there being clouds in her coffee an awful lot.

9.  "One More Cup of Coffee" - The White Stripes
One more version of this song before I go.

10.  "Coffee" - Michael Showalter
Ok this last one isn't a song, but it's my favorite track on any comedy album.

Stay tuned for the top 10 songs about Cigarettes...

No comments:

Post a Comment